Monday, September 28, 2009

Moderate Business Today

A day in the life of a Hollywood Notary.

First, I went down to the Secretary of State's office downtown to get an Apostille for a client. When I got outside the building, there was a line outside, and the door was locked.

"What's going on?", I asked. "The power was off. It's back on, but they haven't let anyone in yet". Oh. That was the State of California building downtown on Spring Street in Los Angeles. After a 2-minute wait, I got into the building, put all my stuff through the x-ray machine, and went up to the office to take care of business.



Two hours later, I met 2 clients at my "secret spot" in Hollywood, where we had a nice chat while I notarized their documents. One of the people was a comedian that I had heard of before. He made fun of my Disney autograph book. I asked him if he was going to use it in his act. We'll see.

Afterwards, I went to my second Notary appointment nearby. It went pretty smoothly.

On the way home, I deposited some well-needed checks into the ATM.

I came home and prepared the Apostille shipment to my client here in California. It was a document for use in Mexico.

I stopped at the post office to ship a package. I went to Chef Marilyn's to get me some healthy soul food for late lunch.

I'm reading my email, updating my websites, and trying to make some more cash-ola.

No comments: