Monday, August 10, 2009

Grade School Is Now Online!

I just discovered (from an email advertisement) about a new online school for students in Southern California. It's called the So Cal Online School Network, and it seems great! It's offered through a teaming of 3 Charter Schools. I read their whole website, and discovered several great things about it:

1. It's free to students in grades 6-12

2. They give you an internet allowance of $180 per year.

3. You would take all of your classes online, 5 or 6 classes per semester

4. They have some really good courses, the same ones that I took in junior high school and high school year ago.

5. They offer Advanced Placement courses.

Since schools in California are already overcrowded and, with budget cuts, are becoming even more so, I could see the need for something like this. I'm glad it's here.

To see the So Cal Online School Network, visit their website at www.socalonlineschool.com.

No comments: