Saturday, September 26, 2009

Imitation Is Flattery?

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. If that is true, then I guess that I should feel really flattered that a local Mobile Notary Public here in Los Angeles not only "imitated" just one of the policies that I created, it seems that he also "lifted" several of my sound, self-created Notary policies, including my stated Waiting Fee and Hotel Parking Fee. He copied them word for word! Wow!

I've been copied before. A Mobile Notary from the Bay Area of California called me and told me that he thought that my Starbucks Special was genius, and that he was going to steal my idea. I didn't mind that, because he TOLD me he was doing it, and paid me a compliment, so that was way different. He didn't copy me word-for-word, either.

This other guy, on the other hand, is surprising. I bloody well can't sue him or anything, I suppose. Would that be ridiculous? It's just that my words have been lifted, word-for-word. Wow again. And get this- he has the nerve to put "copyright" at the end of his pages! Do I dare name the culprit? Nah...not today anyway. I just found this out not ten minutes ago, too.

Damn...

1 comment:

LaShon James-Major said...

Been there done that. If you're not creative enough to come up with your own marketing ideas or smart enough to network with other business professionals then you don't need to be self-employed.

This notary up North just copied and pasted one of my blogs for an apostille page on her website. When I e-mailed her she removed the links but the verbiage is still the same. I plan on contacting her again letting her know the definition of plagerism since she doesn't appear to understand.